I have a birthday approaching, so I have to share this birthday chocolate bark with sprinkles. It is a fun celebratory treat but takes very little time to prepare. This can be made with semi-sweet or dark chocolate plus almonds, coarse sea salt, and sprinkles!
FAQs about this Birthday Chocolate Bark with Sprinkles
Absolutely. Use whichever type of chocolate you like best. I tend to prefer dark chocolate or semi-sweet, but white chocolate or milk chocolate (or even a swirl of two types) would work.
The coarser the salt the better. I have found that coarse sea salt works best for my preference. Just be sure not to use table salt.
Yes! Here are a few other recipes that would be perfect for a birthday. Two are actually cookie recipes, but I think it is safe to say that everyone loves cookies!
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Frosting
2. Flourless Monster Cookies (perfect if you are gluten free)
Another Year Wiser
As I reflect on this past year, I have learned so much as a blogger. Blogging is not always easy, but I will keep at it. Gaining a base of followers is a slow and ongoing process, but I am grateful for everyone supporting me thus far! You are the reason I do this.
Social media is not my passion, but I am trying. I even got on TikTok this past November. I have decided to share mostly running on this platform and am sticking to food on my Instagram and Facebook pages. Please message me sometime. I love hearing from you. The links to my socials are right here if you wish to follow:
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below by leaving a star-rating and your thoughts!
Birthday Chocolate Bark with Sprinkles
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave using 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is smooth. Do not overheat.
- Mix the sliced almonds into the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into a thin layer, about ¼ inch thick (or desired thickness) onto the parchment lined tray. Sprinkle evenly with the coarse sea salt and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set for about 15 minutes. Once completely hardened, break the bark into pieces. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
Be sure to check out these other great posts!
Sprinkles make this a big hit with the grandkids!
Keep up the great work! Love your blogs!
Thank you, Marianne!
What a fun and colorful treat! Dark chocolate with the coarse sea salt is always a tasty combo. The sprinkles make it so fun too!