I have a birthday approaching, so I have to share this birthday chocolate bark with sprinkles. It is a fun celebratory treat but takes very little time to prepare. This can be made with semi-sweet or dark chocolate plus almonds, coarse sea salt, and sprinkles!
FAQs about this Birthday Chocolate Bark with Sprinkles
Absolutely. Use whichever type of chocolate you like best. I tend to prefer dark chocolate or semi-sweet, but white chocolate or milk chocolate (or even a swirl of two types) would work.
The coarser the salt the better. I have found that coarse sea salt works best for my preference. Just be sure not to use table salt.
Yes! Here are a few other recipes that would be perfect for a birthday. Two are actually cookie recipes, but I think it is safe to say that everyone loves cookies!
2. Flourless Monster Cookies (perfect if you are gluten free)
Another Year Wiser
As I reflect on this past year, I have learned so much as a blogger. Blogging is not always easy, but I will keep at it. Gaining a base of followers is a slow and ongoing process, but I am grateful for everyone supporting me thus far! You are the reason I do this.
Social media is not my passion, but I am trying. I even got on TikTok this past November. I have decided to share mostly running on this platform and am sticking to food on my Instagram and Facebook pages. Please message me sometime. I love hearing from you. The links to my socials are right here if you wish to follow:
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below by leaving a star-rating and your thoughts!
Birthday Chocolate Bark with Sprinkles
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave using 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is smooth. Do not overheat.
- Mix the sliced almonds into the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into a thin layer, about ¼ inch thick (or desired thickness) onto the parchment lined tray. Sprinkle evenly with the coarse sea salt and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set for about 15 minutes. Once completely hardened, break the bark into pieces. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
Be sure to check out these other great posts!