Where are my cherry fans at? You will want to add this cherry streusel almond coffeecake to your baking repertoire ASAP! This coffeecake features a light and airy coffeecake base, cherry pie filling layer, and crisp topping. Finish the cake off with a sweet icing drizzle to make it perfect!
I'd have to say my favorite part is the crisp, buttery streusel topping. You will just have to try it and see for yourself. Are you drooling yet?
About This Coffeecake
This coffeecake is easy to prepare and only takes about 30 minutes to bake. The cake is not overly sweet and has hints of almond and vanilla that pair perfectly with the cherry pie filling. If you have an upcoming brunch, bridal shower, or baby shower, this recipe would be perfect! It is great for weekend baking too.
Cherry Streusel Almond Coffeecake FAQs
Cherry is recommended with the almond flavor, but you may certainly use other flavors of pie filling. If using blueberry, apple, or strawberry, simply omit the almond extract from the recipe.
Yes, you can bake the coffeecake in advance to be enjoyed at a later date. Just be sure it is wrapped tightly and enjoyed within 3 months to ensure the best quality.
Yes, please see another personal favorite of mine below.
Sour cream cinnamon swirl coffeecake
Just look at those layers and textures in this cherry streusel coffeecake! If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating! It helps me to see your feedback, and social shares always help too. Happy baking!
Cherry Streusel Almond Coffeecake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare your pan. Grease or line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the softened butter and mix with a pastry blender (or two forks) until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup of the crumbs for the topping in a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, and almond extract until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the crumb mixture and stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan into an even layer. Spoon the cherry pie filling over the batter evenly. Top the pie filling with the remaining 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the center is firm. Bake times may vary depending on the oven and type of pan used. Glass pans generally take more baking time than metal.
- While the coffeecake bakes, prepare the icing.
- To make the icing, combine the melted butter, milk and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Add additional milk if the icing is too thick or additional powdered sugar if the consistency is too thin. The icing should be thin enough to drizzle but not too thin that it completely spreads. Set aside.
- Let the coffeecake cool for at least 1 hour before icing. Drizzle the icing over the cake once cooled.
Follow along on social media!
Be sure to check out these other great posts!
This recipe is an excellent addition to my collection! Thanks for sharing!
Ok, these might be the best version of coffeecake ever! The cherry and almond is perfect!