It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Now that I’ve got you singing, picture these peppermint Oreo boxed brownies. They are fudgy, dense, and taste reminiscent of Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies. You are absolutely going to want these on your Christmas dessert spread.
About these Peppermint Oreo Boxed Brownies
I normally am not a big fan of chocolate and peppermint desserts, but these are an exception. The peppermint is not overpowering since this recipe does not contain peppermint extract. Aside from the amazing taste, I love these brownies because they are so easy.
When I say they are easy, they are so easy a three year old can make them! Mitchy even cracked the eggs. With a rising cost of goods, these are also very budget friendly. I purchased the peppermint sandwich cookies at Aldi, but keep in mind they are seasonal. Here are the ingredients we used:
Absolutely! You don't even have to use the Oreo brand of chocolate sandwich cookies. Just note that the current mint Oreos have a green filling instead of white. I used the Aldi chocolate peppermint sandwich cookies in this recipe and they worked like a charm. You could also use regular Oreo cookies if you are not a fan of mint.
I have not tested this recipe with homemade brownies. You could certainly try it out, but I recommend the brownie mix because they consistently turn out perfectly fudgy and are inexpensive. Any brand of brownie mix will do.
I personally like to leave them whole because I like how they look when cut. The cookies will float somewhat to the top while baking. That is normal. However, you may coarsely chop them and mix them into the batter if you desire. The brownies will look differently when cut.
I hope you enjoy these brownies. They are especially tasty while they are still warm, but you could also serve them with ice cream and hot fudge and crushed peppermints. That would really be a treat!
Stay up to date by following my socials!
Peppermint Oreo Boxed Brownies
- 1 18.4-ounce fudge brownie mix of your choice
- eggs, oil, and water as listed on brownie box
- 20 mint or candy cane chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos or store brand)
- ¼ cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Arrange whole cookies in a single layer over the brownie batter in the pan. Top with the remaining brownie batter and smooth to cover all cookies.
- Bake according to package directions, approximately 35 minutes. Ovens vary so check them to prevent overbaking at 30 minutes.
- Let cool at least one hour. Melt the white baking chips and pipe or drizzle over the brownies. Let cool completely to cut cleanly or serve warm with ice cream.
Be sure to check out these other great posts!
I love the ease of this recipe!